Sunday, March 21, 2010

Not-Open Studio Days

Last night, as I was trying to fall asleep, I decided to postpone Open Studio Days from April 7th until June 9th.  I immediately felt relaxed, and slept for eight hours for the first time in weeks.

When I originally made the date for Open Studio Days, I picked four months from when I had the idea.  I thought it would be plenty of time, but it just wasn't.  I was starting to feel too much stress and barely any excitement.  It should be the other way around.  Really excited and a little stressed.  As an eternal procrastinator, I've learned to work well under pressure, but I just wasn't feeling right about the April date.

I'm bootstrapping it at Wunder Budder (and for the most part out of season for yard sales!), so it's taking me a while to set up the studio.  I'm still working on getting it just right for production, so I need more time before opening it to the public.  Plus, I'm working on some new items and really want to get them ready as soon as possible, and would much rather spend my time making stuff than trying to rush to finish the studio.

Basically, I should have been excited about Open Studio Days, but I haven't been for a while.  I've been faking it for weeks, and I don't like faking it.  I feel much better now that I've decided to postpone it, and also feel like it will be more fun for people coming in if I have more time to concentrate on planning it.  I'll have more to offer and I just think it will be a better experience for everyone.

So, that's it.  Open Studio Days will begin on June 9th.

Lisa at Wunder Budder
http://www.wunderbudder.com/
Don't forget to smile!

No comments: