Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Business Bubble

I'm making a prediciton.

Maybe this isn't news.. maybe it's soemthing that people have been talking about for a while, but I haven't heard anything about it, so I'm calling it my prediction.

There is a business bubble growing and eventually (sooner? later?) it's going to burst.

Remember the housing bubble?  It was being talked about and talked about, and the warning signs were there, yet some people were certain it would just grow forever... they bought houses as investments instead of as homes.  This works for contractors and the like, but not for other families.  I don't know when it became an old-fashioned concept for a house to be a home, but it did.  Houses turned into commodities, just to be bought and sold, without the heart, the love, that a home holds.  And then, everything fell apart because of it.

I'm starting to see this in business.

Over the last few weeks, so many things I've read, heard about, seminars I've attended, seem to have a focus on building a business just for it to be sold.

What?

It's the housing bubble all over again.

For certain people, I can see buying and selling businesses to be the focus.  But, a small amount of people, like contractors buying and selling houses, not for the masses.

If I were the type of person to say "mark my words", I'd say that now.  The business bubble is going to burst.

No comments: