Friday, October 11, 2013

DIY Natural Air Freshener

DIY Natural Air Freshener

Make Your Own Natural Air Freshener at Home

in just five easy steps:

  1. add 1/4 cup baking soda to a glass bowl
  2. add 5-10 drops essential oil
  3. mix and crush lumps
  4. stir in 1/2 cup dried flowers
  5. pour into decorative bowl or vase
In this example I used lavender, but any dried flower or herb will work. Match up the essential oil for best results (e.g. dried rose petals with rose absolute or essential oil, cedar chips with cedar essential oil). For a light oil like lavender, 10 drops is better, but for heavier oils like rose or cedar, less drops will work. Mixing the baking soda with the essential oils before adding the herbs allows for better blending.

Once in the bowl or vase, this freshener will help pull the bad aromas from the air while releasing the good aromas. How does that work? Magic! No, just kidding. I don't know how it works, I just know it does, and it's long lasting. A blend I had in my bedroom (it was lavender) lasted for six years before a spill caused me to stop counting. Just give the container a little shake whenever you want to release fresh aroma.

Although this is a natural air freshener, keep the mixture away from kids and pets, or anyone who might think it's a good idea to eat it (don't eat it).

XoXo,
Lisa


Ecommerce Software by Shopify Craftybase inventory software for handmade sellers

4 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

I have to tell you that I LOVE your blog, your honesty, your conviction, your variety, ideas... so I tried your baking soda shower cleaner/shampoo/facial scrub the other day and loved it! Thanks for your awesome blog. xo Jen

Wunder Budder said...

Oh, thank you Jen! That was really nice of you to say! This made my day.

XoXo,
Lisa

Unknown said...

natural air freshener

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Wunder Budder said...

Thank you for reading!